Your cart is empty
Take your LTC online at your leisure!
1. Purchase your online class
2. Go to the DPS website to start your application and background check.
3. Schedule your fingerprints (usually about a week lead time)
4. Start your online class immediately but work at your own pace. The total time is about four hours.
5. Finish the test and print your LTC-101 form.
6. Schedule your live training class (approximately just one hour including the test)
7. Upload your final LTC-101 form and wait for DPS to finish your background check.
You will need 100 rounds minimum for the class. Bring 150 though in case you need them. You'll also need eye and ear protection, a firearm, and $10 cash (exact change) to pay the range owner for range use on the day of the class.
Buy your ammo and eye and ear protection at A & P to save money. We also rent firearms for the class and test. Maybe use it to try before you buy!